FWC logoFaculty Women's ClubUCSB
FWC Home Programs Sections Membership History Links






Events of Interest!

Who We Are:

The Faculty Women's Club of UCSB, initially begun by wives of mostly male faculty on campus in 1941, were joined later by women faculty members. Now the FWC is open to men and women who have an interest and connection to the University, including faculty, administrators and professional staff. The purpose of the FWC is to raise funds for UCSB student scholarships and to promote social interaction throughout the University community.

Every year, at group's opening event at the Faculty Club, the Faculty Women's Club awards six undergraduate scholarships and two Broida-Hirschfelder Graduate Fellowships in the Sciences. Other on-going programs include sponsorship of "Kids in Nature," an outreach program at UCSB's Sedgwick Reserve, as well as a variety of interest groups for members, and various educational and social programs throughout the school year.

Don't miss our extensive Gallery of recent and not-so-recent pictures on the History Page.



FWC Contacts:
FWC email

Website by:
Technical Specialties

©Copyright 2005-2012, Faculty Women's Club & Technical Specialties, All rights reserved.